Practicing for success:
- Be prepared for your lesson by practicing at least 5 times each week.
- Use your metronome and count out loud as you practice.
- Do purchase and use a recording device so you can catch your own mistakes
- Obey all dynamics and phrasing in your pieces.
- Bring ALL your books and notebook to each lesson
Theory and Performance classes:
Do come to these classes—they are important to your musical education and are part or your tuition. See monthly calendar for dates and times.
Rockville Competition for Piano & Strings:
May 1 at Montgomery College
Recitals are held at Montgomery College, Music Bldg. December 18 & 19 and
May 27 & 28
Your tuition includes at least 40 private lessons, 10-20 group classes and 2 recitals.
There are no lessons: November, Thanksgiving holiday, December, Christmas Holiday
Dr. Brown will be away judging piano competitions approximately 2-3 weeks in May and June.
There are no lessons the last two weeks in August.
If the parking lot at NPSM is impassable due to snow or ice and/or Montgomery County schools are closed due to inclement weather, there are NO lessons and these lessons will not be made-up.
If you miss your lesson you may:
- Come to the makeup class the last Friday of each month at 7 pm (pianists only)
- Exchange your lesson time with another student.
There are NO private piano makeup times. See the string teacher for his personal makeup policy. Tuition & other fees cannot be pro-rated for missed lessons.
Please see Tuition Fees & Structure
- Signing our registration form/contract acknowledges responsibility of payment for 3 trimesters (12 months) tuition regardless of payment plan and regardless of student withdrawal from lessons.
- Withdrawal will occur with financial penalty if student withdraws before the month of August. All remaining tuition becomes due upon student stopping lessons. Verbal notification of intent to withdraw is not acceptable: written notification must be received by NPSM at least one month before withdrawal occurs.
- Withdrawal without financial penalty may be considered during the school year only under the following conditions: death/illness in family, divorce, loss of employments, or move more than 20 miles.
- Student beginning study may use 1 trimester as a trial study period before signing our contract.
- Any student may withdraw at any time in August for any reason and without financial penalty.
Tuition may not be pro-rated for missing lessons or classes.